Zelené pleso is a lake in the High Tatras mountains located in the glacier basin at Kačacia dolina valley in Slovakia. It is situated at an altitude of 1575 m. Zelené pleso lake covers an area of 2,58 ha. It is 200 m long and 170 m wide. Its maximum depth is 4.1 m. Zelené pleso lake has three affluents and is accessible by foot or by bike (during the winter you can get there also by cross-country skis).
There are several places from you can get to Zelené pleso:
- Tatranské Matliare (yellow-blue, 2h55″/3h30″)
- Skalnaté pleso lake (red, 2h15″/2h00″)
- Kopské saddle (blue-red, 1h00″/1h00″)
- Plesnivec cottage (red-green, 1h45″/2h00″)
- Tatranská Kotlina (red-green, 3h05″/3h30″)
- Jahňací peak (yellow, 1h40″/2h00″)
- Tatranská Javorina village (red-blue, 3h30″/4h00″)
- Veľká Svišťovka (red, 1h00″/0h45″)
There is also one of the most romantic accommodation is Slovakia – Chata pri Zelenom plese (cottage at Zelene pleso), where you can stay in a newly reconstructed room at the price of €11-€13/night.
View Zelené pleso in High Tatras – one of the most beautiful places in Slovakia in a larger map